Beit Jala Pharmaceutical Co. (BJP) is a pioneer in Palestine in the field of pharmaceutical manufacturing.
The company strives continuously to promote special consideration to environment protection based on special care in preventing contamination and decreasing the impact of the current and future environmental aspects that result from all manufacturing processes held in the company facility.
In accordance with these objectives BJP is committed to the following:
· To comply with all domestic laws and legislations pertaining to environment protection.
(In case an aspect is not mentioned in the Palestinian environmental law, BJP is committed to comply with any law or legislations for that special aspect).
· To limit environment contaminants resulting from the manufacturing processes inside and outside the company premises through placing environment protectionobjectives, targets, programs and work procedures and to work on their implementation for the purpose of limiting environmental aspects.
BJP is committed to review and upgrade these objectives, targets, programs and work procedures regularly.
· To keep all suppliers and contractors well informed about BJP policy in environment protection for the purpose of motivating them towards minimizing all environmental aspects that result from their working processes.
· To increase the awareness of BJP employees to help them in the dissemination of the company environmental policy to laypeople.
· To regularly review and upgrade the manufacturing processes, thus minimizing their negative impact on the environment in accordance with the company aforementioned objectives.
Hence, to guarantee the implementation of the continuous improvement program that pertains to environment protection, a system was developed in accordance with the requirement of the international standardization organization (ISO 1400:2004).
BJP’s environmental policy is documented, implemented, maintained and communicated to all employees, and it is available to public.